Thursday, August 10, 2006

BUDAPEST 24thMay,2006






The Fisherman's Bastion, Budapest

A turreted parapet structure - it is part of the St Matthias Church complex on the Buda side of the city.
You can walk along the parapet from turret to turret and there are wonderful views across the Danube to the Pest side. Hungarian Parliament building again)(Danube is still the same muddy colour it was back when Tim and I saw it in Vienna in 96 and when I saw it back in 72. - must have been blue back in Strauss's time (??1700's)!!!



The Chain Bridge,Budapest ( by day and by night), with the Royal Palace in the background by day and St Matthias Church in the background by night. This bridge was right across from our hotel ( the wonderful Sofitel!). I walked across here on my own about 9.30 at night. The views were beautiful - all the historic old buildings were lit and glowing - I think Budapest wins the "beauty by night award!", and there were plenty of tourists and locals around , so it seemed a very safe place to be walking at night. -




2 Comments:

Blogger Me! said...

Wow great photo of the bridge at night. Looks amazing yet another to add to my list of places to get to!

12:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wonderful photos Jo. I am most impressed with your blogging.

8:16 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home