Thursday, August 10, 2006

BUDAPEST

Money!!!!!!!

Here the fun with money began!! Having been asssured by the world's worst travel agent (ours), that they use euros in all the Eastern European countries, we arrived in Hungary to discover they use the forint!..So my euros being useless , off to the atm I went with only the haziest of ideas as to what the forint would buy me...so, wanting enough to buy a coke and a couple of postcards, I pushed the button for 5000 forints, all the time waiting with my heart in my mouth and my fingers crossed that the foreign machine wouldn't swallow my card! Succcess, my card was returned along with 5000 forints. I fleetingly felt rich and wondered if 5000 would buy me a diamond necklace, until i discovered I had the princely sum of A$35. and importantly, I had successfully negotiated the foreign atm.

6 Comments:

Blogger Me! said...

Well done mum, im so proud i know these foreign atms can be so difficult with all thier buttons and screens and what not......

11:35 PM  
Blogger Jo said...

o the sarcasm!!!!

11:42 PM  
Blogger They call me 'Bohemoth'. said...

Mrs W! I'm so impressed that you have a blog! nice one!

Hopefully you are a more dependable blogger than your dear son!

10:13 PM  
Blogger Jo said...

Hahaha thanks Sarah..I agree.. he is hopeless!! ..can't promise to be any better though, and after all he must have inherited this slackness from somewhere, i suppose...:)

2:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, 5000 forints sounds like a lot to me. Any pics of the paprika coming? hehehe. Paprika cha cha cha, paprika cha cha cha! You need some 'before and after' snaps of the bathroom reno to show Chris (... after you have finished blogging your trip). Bye bye brown nudie ladies and their babies wallpaper - Chris, I asked mum to keep some of the 'kids' bathroom wallpaper for me. That wallpaper is hot, perhaps she could send some to you in the post, as a momento of growing up and going to the toilet 'motorbike' style hehe!!!

10:44 AM  
Blogger Me! said...

Just quietly she was in ole budapest wayyyyy before i got to Germany!

4:24 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home