Monday, October 13, 2008

Bushwalk - Seaforth - Bantry Bay



I tagged along on the the Coastal Yacht Club's ( something like that - I can't remember the exact organisation, but there was a Commodore along, so I know it has something to do with boats) monthly bushwalking activities. They are a very nice group of people and didn't seem to mind in the least that I am a confirmed landlubber, with neither the desire nor the means to be messing about with boats.







We started the walk at Seaforth oval, and descended quickly via a good bush track down to the bay. We followed the bay North and ascended - again quickly, but this time on a track which involved a lot of climbing over boulders and under fallen logs to a vantage point looking back at where we had come from, where we stopped for a break. The lady who organised the event whipped out a huge container of home made scones which she had whipped up that morning - ( some people are just sooo competent and energtic).



We emerged from the bush at the Armenian Club and followed the Wakehurst Parkway back to Seaforth. We apparently covered 7 and a half kilometres. I was sore the next day and picked up a tick en route, which Megan had to extract from my leg, but I felt quite virtuous and self - satisfied with my bushwalking and clambering prowess - although i do realise it's a long way from the Oxfam 100kilometre trailwalk!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home