Sunday, August 29, 2010

On The Wagon

There are terrible pictures on our TV screens from the floods in Pakistan. There are as many Pakistanis displaced and homeless as the entire population of Australia. Apparently the response of the world has been largely apathetic and slow to come. Following the lead of our local ABC which ran an appeal, I felt I wanted to donate, but just slinging them 50 bucks seemed a bit easy and a gratuitious-without-thought gesture and as I am also on a budget presently,I decided to give up WINE for a WEEK and donate the proceeds in a very very small symbolic gesture of empathy.. useless I know, but I feel I'm doing something!

I started yesterday...6 nights to go!!
As an added bonus, I'm sure my liver is happy too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home