Tuesday, February 14, 2012

The Weekend 10/2

The weekend got off to a great start with a concert on Friday Night @ the Opera House - Vladimir Aszkanezy and the SSO- Beethoven's 9th. We had the dodgy seats behind the stage -turned out to be perfect -so interesting to actually be able to see the conductor from the front and the workings of the orchestra. I love watching the musicians. We were directly over the choir stalls - fabulous inspiring soaring sound.. Here is a totally naughty pic.. They announce ad nauseum "No photography in the auditorium", but flashes were going off everywhere in the interval!


and because you can never have too much Harbour Bridge!!...


Saturday, I spent a slothful day reading this:
It's a heartstoppingly beautiful book - set in wartime German-



Sunday Dad went to work in town for a few hours. I went with him and occupied my time enjoying Hyde Park..can never have too much St Mary's either:-)


(protect your Queen !!)

then browsed around Kinokuniya for a while and bought a $10 edition of Grimms' Complete Fairy Tales ( They're the chappies who wrote Hansel and Gretel). I would have thought I was familiar with a fair whack of the works of the Brothers'Grimm, but on reading the index, I discover there are no less than 279 fairy tales, of which I knew about 20:-(.. Now I am on a mission to read them all..

Sunday night we had dinner @ juju's(King's Cross) with Louise and Mark ..great bentos! Was so full afterwards though, Louise and I walked back to Louise's. Rushcutters was beautiful as always.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home