Thursday, July 08, 2010

The Family Part


Our primary reason for visiting is to keep half an eye on Ben and Heather though I worry that having visitors for just 24 hours wears them out. Heather in particular likes to talk and catch up on the family gossip and what with her asthma and various maladies, I could tell we had worn them out by the evening of our first day in spite of my best efforts to prevent her from doing anything. I think at their age, just getting through the day and doing the necessary is all they can manage.

We spent the evening watching a slideshow of Naomi's wedding and our European adventures. They loved the slideshow and were bright as buttons and so on the ball...even I would have been bored by my copious European slideshow, but they were a great audience!!
It was lovely to see them in such good spirits, and busy planing a family luncheon party and debating whether they would have the energy to make the Christmas Pud this year!:)


BTW - Heather makes a GREAT bacon bone soup -we had it for lunch.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home